Study in USA | After 12th

For students who want to study abroad, the United States is the best option. For many students, the country not only promises superb educational opportunities, but also significantly better professional chances. Many Indians choose to study in the United States to avoid the tough rivalry for elite institutions in India. Even mediocre Indian students can get into prestigious US universities and earn a solid living on American soil.

Indian students are equally welcome at American universities. Top institutions in the United States have a separate office for international students to guarantee that they are comfortable and find it easier to acclimatize to their new surroundings. These offices are frequently tasked with organizing events aimed at attracting Indian students.

This post will assist you in making the best option and will answer all of your questions about studying in the United States after 12th

Language Exams


Whether you want to do a short-term or full-time degree programmed in the US, English Language Proficiency is the first criterion for studying in the United States after the 12th grade. The IELTS test to use to demonstrate your English language proficiency. You must have some level of English language skills to study in English-speaking universities. Depending on the courses you choose to study, a minimum of 6.5 to 7.0 bands is required.

Want to score 7 + Bands in IELTS apply here :


SAT scores are another important criteria for studying in the United States beyond the 12th grade. For admissions, universities consider a variety of factors, including the student's academic and extracurricular achievements, and the SAT is one of them. An SAT score of 800 - 1000 is considered competitive for universities in the United States.

GRE: If you want to apply to graduate schools in other countries, you should take the GRE exam. For many courses, such as master's, MBA, and doctoral degrees, this is one of the most important admittance requirements. ETS (Educational Testing Service) owns and administers the GRE, which is used by graduate and business schools to compare students' qualifications and readiness for graduate-level academic study. It's used to evaluate someone's critical thinking, analytical writing, mathematical reasoning, and verbal reasoning skills.

Universities And Programs after 12th in USA

Engineering In USA

The country's most popular program is also one of the greatest in the United States. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) is one of the best accessible streams in the United States; also, the Optional Practical Training term for STEM students has been extended. Here are some of the best engineering schools in the United States:

  • Stanford University

  • California Institute of technology

  • Harvard University

  • Cornel University

  • Colombia University

Medical In USA

In the United States, the MBBS is abbreviated as MD, which stands for Doctor of Medicine. If an international student wants to pursue MBBS after 12th grade in the United States, he or she must take the SAT exam and apply to 4-year undergraduate medical programmes. In the United States, the following are the two most common courses after completing a 12th medical degree Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery are main courses in USA.

  • Stanford University

  • Harvard University

  • Columbia University

  • University of Michigan

  • University of Pennsylvania

Management in USA

If business is something you're interested in, there's no better place to study than the United States. The MBA may be earned after a bachelor's degree and some work experience, although there are a variety of bachelor's degrees in business and management to choose from in the United States.

  • Stanford University

  • Harvard University

  • Columbia University

  • University of Michigan

  • University of Pennsylvania

With this there are many options like Arts and Commerce in USA

After finalizing your courses you must have to apply for visa here is the visa process

Visa Process

Applying for a student visa in the United States can take a long time, so start planning ahead of time — at least three to five months before your course begins. When applying for a student visa in the United States, there are normally numerous processes involved. Because the procedures differ at each US embassy or consulate, it's critical to check the guidelines on the embassy or consulate's website before applying.

When applying for a student visa in the United States, prospective students will go through five stages:

Apply to and be accepted by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school in the United States (six to twelve months prior to the start of your study in the United States);

Pay the SEVIS fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System);

Fill out an application for a student visa in the United States and include a recent photo;

The visa application fee must be paid; Make an appointment for a visa interview and show up.

Continue reading for more information on each of these five processes.

Apply to a SEVP-approved college or university

As an international student, you should choose a school and program that is accredited by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program of the United States government (SEVP).

Accreditation is vital because it guarantees that your degree will be recognized by other institutions, professional groups, businesses, and government departments all around the world. Only SEVP-approved institutions are able to enroll students in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and provide you with the paperwork you'll need to apply for a student visa in the United States.

The United States, unlike some other nations, does not have a centralised university application system, therefore you will need to apply to each institution separately. You'll need to meet the admissions requirements of each college, and you'll almost certainly be requested to show proof of sufficient financial means.

When you are accepted by a university, you will be enrolled in the SEVIS system and sent a SEVIS-generated document called Form I-20 if you are eligible for a F or M visa. The SEVP is in charge of international students with F and M visas, while the Department of State is in charge of Exchange Visitor Programs and international students with J visas. SEVIS is used by both the SEVP and the Department of State to track and monitor universities, exchange visitor programs, and overseas students.

Pay SEVS Fees

The SEVIS fee must be paid at least three days before you submit an application for a US visa. To pay the charge, you must fill out either an online or paper form. Both can be found on the SEVP website of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Make sure to enter all of the needed information precisely as it appears on your I-20.

Complete Application

You can schedule an appointment with a US consulate or embassy in your country to apply for a US student visa once you have received your SEVIS form and paid the SEVIS fee. Because visa processing periods can vary, it's advisable to apply as soon as possible, regardless of when your program is set to begin. Your visa can be approved up to 120 days before your scheduled arrival in the United States.

Pay Visa Fees

The visa application fee is also known as the MRV fee, which stands for Machine Readable Visa Fee. Check the fee payment instructions on your embassy or consulate's website because payment methods may differ. There are three ways to pay the non-refundable, non-transferable visa application fee in general:

In person at a bank that has been approved

By phone (a fee confirmation number will be provided)

You'll need to print your receipt if you order online.

Interview in Embassy: The final step in obtaining a student visa in the United States is to schedule and attend a visa interview. You can do so either online or over the phone by contacting the US embassy or consulate in your area. You should finish the MRV fee payment first in either scenario, as you may be asked for your MRV fee number.

You won't be able to finish your visa application until you meet with a consular officer for an interview.

You will have plenty of options after 12th lets find the best suitable option for you

Book your free counseling session here

27 views0 comments